Karara Mine Site
Karara Mining Limited is a joint venture between Gindalbie Metals Limited and AnSteel, one of the largest iron ore producers and steel makers in China. Karara operates an iron ore mine and associated infrastructure in the mid-west region of W.A.
The operation is designed for a +30 year mine life and production of 8Mtpa. It comprises a long life and world-class magnetite deposit; dedicated rail infrastructure; and an integrated train load-out/ship loading facility at our Geraldton port operations. Karara is breaking new ground with the development and ongoing operation of the first significant iron ore mine in the mid- west.
We require a trade qualified Boilermaker to join the team based at the Karara Mine Site on an 8:6 FIFO roster. You will be responsible for the safe execution and unscheduled maintenance tasks required to meet Karara operational standards of Safety, Efficiency and Quality.
- Demonstrating positive and committed safety behavior by ensuring a safe workplace, identifying and appropriately addressing risks and hazards.
- Perform assigned work tasks for scheduled and unscheduled work
- Work closely with operations, maintenance and planning teams to plan, prepare and execute maintenance tasks
- Ensure all statutory and organizational OSH&E policies and requirements are adhered to
- Assist in developing Maintenance task work scopes with planning team to assist in improving equipment availability and reduce downtime.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and demonstrating positive safety behavior by ensuring a safe workplace, identifying and appropriately addressing risks and hazards.
- Minimum 5 years previous plant maintenance experience in Boilermaker role
- Boilermaker trade and competency certificates
- Western Australian driver's license
- Post trade Mining and or Heavy Industry experience desirable
The Karara Lifestyle
It is only a short commute (35 minutes) from Perth to our purpose-built airstrip at Karara. This provides the opportunity for you to spend more time at home and less time travelling. The mid-west offers a more temperate climate than other iron ore mining regions in the Pilbara region. The Karara village offers high quality amenities with ensuited rooms; Telstra 3G mobile coverage; an eco-walking/jogging trail in a natural bush setting, as well as swimming pool, mini golf, tennis, cricket, gym and volleyball facilities.
Submit your interest by clicking the "Apply Now" button.